In line with the government’s announcement, RAP will be fully open for all students and delivering our normal timetable from Monday 8th March. Please do note that, also in line with government guidance, school attendance for all students will once again be compulsory from that date. If you foresee any issues in this respect please do make contact with RAP to discuss these as a matter of urgency.
All of us at RAP are looking forward very much to welcoming back all our students.
Redbridge Alternative Provision provides an education for a range of KS3 & 4 students who have been, or are at risk of permanent exclusion from their mainstream school. We are an “outstanding” provision (Ofsted, December 2018), situated in a specially adapted and newly-refurbished building in the London Borough of Redbridge in North-East London.
Redbridge Alternative Provision aims to be a welcoming, stable and friendly place for our students. We aim to provide the best possible environment for students to learn and develop with an understanding of the world around them. Together, we strive to bring the best out of our students, ensuring that they maximise their potential and are prepared as fully as possible for a return to mainstream education or specialist school.
We ensure our students are successful by:
- Meeting their specific social, emotional and behavioural needs;
- Focusing on their happiness and safety by nurturing their self esteem and confidence;
- Teaching them the importance of respecting and valuing other people and their environment
- Seizing opportunities beyond the national curriculum to enhance our student’s development
We bring the best out of our students by:
- Helping students fulfil their academic potential by re-engaging them in their learning;
- Ensuring students know what they can do and what they need to learn next;
- Using different styles of teaching to ensure learning is always interesting, engaging and fun;
- Listening to the young people and responding flexibly so those with specific needs can all work at an appropriate pace and to their potential;
- Encouraging the young people to ask questions;
- Helping the young people to understand and adopt a healthy, physically active and environmentally friendly lifestyle.
Through my attendance at monthly meetings of the Redbridge Inclusion Panel, I work with the Headteachers and Deputies of secondary schools within Redbridge to arrange for students, when they are ready, to recommence their secondary mainstream education and to support them to their future success.